Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Active: OpenCase Summary:
(1) Zaappaaz, Inc. (and its president Azim Makanojiya), (2) Netbrands Media Corp. (and its president Mashnoon Ahmed), (3) Gennex Media, LLC and its CEO Akil Kurji), and (4) Custom Wristbands (and its CEO Christopher Angeles) are settling an antitrust class action. The complaint alleged that the companies and individuals formed a cartel to fix, raise, or maintain the price of customized promotional products (CPPs), such as silicone wristbands and customized pin buttons, forcing customers to pay more than they should have for these products.Docket Number:
Company: Zaappaaz Inc.
Filing Deadline: December 13, 2020
Class Period: June 1, 2014 to June 23, 2020
Objection Deadline: September 23, 2020
Exclusion Deadline: September 23, 2020
Final Approval Hearing: October 14, 2020Proof of Purchase:
The claim form asks for proof of purchase.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you are a person or entity in the US, including its territories and the District of Columbia, who bought customized silicone wristband or customized pin buttons within the US, including its territories and the District of Columbia, directly from one of the defendants or their predecessors, subsidiaries, or affiliates, and all federal or state government entities or agencies, between the dates below:
- Zaappaaz: June 1, 2014 to June 23, 2020
- Netbrands: June 1, 2014 to February 19, 2020
- Gennex: June 1, 2014 to January 23, 2020
- Custom Wristbands: June 1, 2014 to February 6, 2020
Amounts awarded will vary, depending on how many CPPs you bought, how many claims are submitted, and how much is subtracted from the settlement fund for fees, costs, and expenses.
Total Settlement Amount: $3.5 millionClass Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Burns Charest LLP
Gustafson Gluek PLLC
Levin Sedran & Berman
Case Name: Kjessler, et al. v. Zaappaaz, Inc., et al.
Settlement Website: Wristbands, Pin Buttons CPPs Antitrust Settlement Website
1650 Arch Street, Suite 2210
Philadelphia, PA 19103