Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Closed Settlement Statement:
According to court documents, the claim submission deadline has passed. Please contact the claims administrator if you have any questions.Case Summary:
Various Volkswagen and Audi companies are settling a class action alleging that certain 2014 to 2021 Volkswagen and Audi vehicles equipped with 1.8 or 2.0 liter engines have primary engine water pumps that are defective and that may fail prematurely.Docket Number:
Company: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
Filing Deadline: September 8, 2022
Objection Deadline: July 25, 2022
Exclusion Deadline: July 25, 2022
Final Approval Hearing: August 30, 2022Proof of Purchase:
You must provide (1) a repair order and/or other records which include certain information; and (2) proof that you adhered to the vehicle maintenance schedule in the Warranty and Maintenance Booklet relevant to the coolant system, including the use of the coolant fluid recommended, within 10% of the dates/mileages required. See your Volkswagen or Audi Claim Form for details.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you bought or leased a 2014 to 2021 Volkswagen or Audi on the lists below, equipped with a 1.8 or 2.0 liter engine, in the US or Puerto Rico, whose VIN is on the settlement site’s VIN Lookup List.
- Certain 2019-2021 model year Arteon*
- Certain 2018-2020 model year Atlas*
- Certain 2014-2018 model year Beetle*
- Certain 2015-2021 model year Golf*
- Certain 2014-2021 model year Jetta*
- Certain 2014-2021 model year Passat*
- Certain 2020-2021 model year Terramont*
- Certain 2018-2021 model year Tiguan*
- Certain 2015-2020 model year A3*
- Certain 2015-2020 model year A4*
- Certain 2015-2019 model year A5*
- Certain 2015-2020 model year A6*
- Certain 2015-2020 model year Q3*
- Certain 2015-2021 model year Q5*
- Certain 2017-2020 model year Q7*
- Certain 2015-2020 model year TT*
Benefits: (1) Extended warranty including one repair or replacement of a primary engine water pump by an authorized dealer, up to eight years or 80,000 miles and a percentage of the cost of repair or replacement to an engine directly caused by the failure of the water pump; (2) reimbursement of money paid for one repair or replacement of a primary water pump, up to eight years or 80,000 miles, and (3) reimbursement of money paid for repair of engine damage directly caused by the failure of the water pump, up to eight years or 80,000 miles. See the Volkswagen or Audi Notice or Settlement Agreement for full conditions and details.
Total Settlement Amount: UnknownClass Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Case Name: Zhao, et al. v. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., et al.
Settlement Website: Volkswagen and Audi Defective Water Pump Settlement Website
Rust Consulting, Inc.
Water Pump Settlement – 7577
PO Box 2636
Faribault, MN 55021-9636