Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Closed Settlement Statement:
According to court documents, the claim submission deadline has passed. Please contact the claims administrator if you have any questions.Case Summary:
Cellco Partnership, the defendant in this case, does business as Verizon Wireless. It is now settling a class action alleging that it violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) by making prerecorded collection calls to consumer cell phones without the owners’ prior express written consent.Docket Number:
Company: Cellco Partnership, Inc.
Filing Deadline: March 7, 2022
Class Period: July 21, 2016 to July 21, 2020
Objection Deadline: March 7, 2022
Exclusion Deadline: March 7, 2022
Final Approval Hearing: April 8, 2022Proof of Purchase:
You do not have to provide proof. Presumably company records will be used for verification.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you
- Are one of the 61,485 people in the US
- Whose Cell phone number
- Was listed as a “can be reached” number on a Verizon account, and you
- Received a prerecorded collection call from Verizon
- During which the person who’d answered the call pressed a key or keys indicating that Verizon was calling the wrong number, and you
- Thereafter received at least one more prerecorded collection call from Verizon on the same number about the same account,
- Between July 21, 2016 and July 21, 2020.
Cash payment estimated to be between $390 and $785 per person, averaging $71 to $143 per call. Final amounts will depend on the number of valid claims submitted and the number of calls received by class members.
Total Settlement Amount: $3,950,000Class Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Lemberg Law LLC
Claim Form: Breda v. Cellco Partnership Claim Form
Case Name: Breda v. Cellco Partnership d/b/a Verizon Wireless
Settlement Website: Breda v. Cellco Partnership Website
Epiq Class Action & Claims Solutions, Inc.
Breda TCPA Settlement
P.O. Box 3685
Portland, OR 97208-3685