Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Closed Settlement Statement:
According to court documents, the claim submission deadline has passed. Please contact the claims administrator if you have any questions.Case Summary:
The Urology Center of Colorado, PC (TUCC) is settling a class action alleging that it failed to protect the personally identifiable information (PII) of current and former patients from a cyberattack that occurred September 7-8, 2021. The complaint alleged that the data breach may have exposed names, dates of birth, Social Security numbers, medical records, diagnosis, and health insurance information.Docket Number:
Company: Urology Center of Colorado, PC, The
Filing Deadline: November 7, 2022
Class Period: September 7, 2021 to September 8, 2021
Objection Deadline: October 10, 2022
Exclusion Deadline: October 10, 2022
Final Approval Hearing: October 26, 2022Proof of Purchase:
If you are making a claim for reimbursement of out-of-pocket or extraordinary losses, or more time spent than three hours, you must provide documentation.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you were one of the approximately 137,820 individuals who received a notification that your PII may have been impacted by the data breach that took place September 7-8, 2021.Typical Settlement Amount:
(1) Reimbursement of out-of-pocket losses: Up to $500 for expenses incurred in dealing with the data breach.
(2) Reimbursement for time spent: Included as part of the $500 above, up to three hours spent dealing with the data breach at $20/hour, and another two hours if you have documentation for the time spent.
(3) Reimbursement of extraordinary losses: Up to $2,500 incurred as a result of the data breach for actual, documented losses more than likely caused by the data breach, which occurred between September 2021 and November 7, 2022, which is not already covered by the out-of-pocket reimbursement categories, and which you made reasonable efforts to have reimbursed by other means, including credit monitoring and identity theft insurance.
(4) California statutory payment: $50 for those who had a California mailing address at the time of the data breach.
(5) Identity theft protection services: Two years of protection.
Total Settlement Amount: UnknownClass Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Milberg Coleman Bryson Phillips Grossman, PLLC
Claim Form: TUCC Settlement Claim Form
Case Name: Snyder et al. v. The Urology Center of Colorado, P.C.
Settlement Website: TUCC Settlement Website
Epiq Class Action & Claims Solutions, Inc.
TUCC Claims Administrator
P.O. Box 5420
Portland, OR 97228-5420