Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Active: OpenCase Summary:
Terminix International Company, LP has entered into a Consent Judgment and Settlement Agreement with the Attorney General of Alabama, after an investigation into substantial price increases from Terminix and a higher rate of termite infestation in Baldwin and Mobile Counties. Some customers had not had their homes retreated in years. The value of the entire settlement is $60 million, with Terminix is depositing $25 million of that total into a consumer fund with a court-appointed receiver to settle claims against the company.Docket Number:
Company: Terminix International Company, LP
Filing Deadline: December 1, 2022Proof of Purchase:
Note that some persons need to submit a claim form and others don’t:
- If you are an existing customer wanting a refund, you do not have to submit a claim form. The receiver will calculate your refund and send it to you.
- If you are a former customer wanting a refund, you must fill out Sections 1 and 2 and the final, attestation section of the claim form and submit it.
- If you are an existing or former customer who wants to make a claim for property damage, you must first try to solve your dispute with Terminix through its Director of Claims. If this fails, you must fill out Sections 1 and 3 and the final, attestation section of the claim form and submit it. You will need to provide supporting documents with your claim form.
For more information, see the settlement website.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you belong to any of the groups below:
- If you are an existing Terminix customer living in Baldwin or Mobile Counties or in areas serviced by the Monroeville, Alabama Terminix office, and Terminix has not treated your property in the past seven years, you may receive a termite protection agreement at no charge.
- If you are an existing Terminix customer living in Baldwin or Mobile Counties and you paid increases for termite protection at your annual renewal in the years 2019 and 2020, you may be entitled to a refund.
- If you are a former Terminix customer living in Baldwin or Mobile Counties and you cancelled your Terminix contract in 2019 or 2020, you may be eligible to receive a payment or to get a termite protection treatment at no charge.
- If you are an existing or former Terminix customer in Alabama and you own a property service by Terminix that you think has damage caused by termites, you may be entitled to a payment for property damage.
No claim forms should be submitted for property damage until you have first tried to resolve your dispute with Terminix. See the settlement website for the name and contact information of Terminix’s Director of Claims.Typical Settlement Amount:
If you were a Terminix customer living in Baldwin or Mobile Counties, and you cancelled your contract with Terminix due to annual renewal payments for 2019 or 2020, you may request one of the following: (1) a one-time payment of $650, or (2) an amount equal to the difference in price between your 2018 Terminix contract price and the amount you paid for a termite contract with another company in 2019 or 2020.
Others may be eligible for a free termite protection treatment.
Total Settlement Amount: $60 million settlement in total with $25 millon consumer fundClass Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Attorney General’s Office State of Alabama
Claim Form: Terminix Consumer Fund Claim Form
Settlement Website: Terminix Consumer Fund Website
Jeffrey C. Schneider
Jeffrey C. Schneider
LEVINE KELLOGG LEHMAN
SCHNEIDER + GROSSMAN LLP
201 South Biscayne Blvd.
Miami, Florida 33131
Phone: (786) 347-2564
Fax: (305) 403-8789