Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Closed Settlement Statement:
According to court documents, the claim submission deadline has passed. Please contact the claims administrator if you have any questions.Case Summary:
This settlement requires Smashburger IP Holder, LLC and Smashburger Franchising, LLC to pay $2.5 million to settle a class action about the size of their “triple double” line of hamburgers. The complaint alleges that the companies misrepresented the amount of beef they put in these burgers.Docket Number:
Company: Smashburger IP Holder, LLC
Filing Deadline: January 17, 2023
Class Period: July 1, 2017 to May 31, 2019
Objection Deadline: December 19, 2022
Exclusion Deadline: December 19, 2022
Final Approval Hearing: January 30, 2023Proof of Purchase:
You do not have to provide proof.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you are a person in the US or its territories who bought or consumed one or more of the subject products between July 1, 2017 and May 31, 2019. The products include those sold at Smashburger restaurants (regardless of whether the restaurant was owned by the companies or a franchisee) with a name that included the phrase “triple double,” such as the following:
- Triple Double Hamburger
- Bacon Triple Double Hamburger
- French Onion Triple Double Hamburger
- Pub Triple Double Hamburger.
You may choose either a cash payment or a voucher.
(1) Cash payment: $4 for each subject product you bought during the class period, up to a maximum of $20 without proof of purchase.
(2) Voucher(s): Voucher for each subject product you bought during the class period, up to a maximum of ten vouchers. Each voucher is redeemable, with the purchase of a regularly-priced entrée at a company-owned Smashburger restaurant, for either an upgrade of a single beef hamburger to a double beef hamburger or a small fountain drink.
Final amounts and final numbers of vouchers will depend on the number of valid claims received.
Total Settlement Amount: $2,500,000 in cash and 1.5 million product vouchersClass Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Up to $5,000
Ahdoot & Wolfson
Bursor & Fisher
Reich Radcliffe & Hoover LLP
Claim Form: Burger Settlement Claim Form
Case Name: In Re: Smashburger IP Holder, LLC, et al.
Settlement Website: Burger Settlement Website
Kroll Settlement Administration
c/o Kroll Settlement Administration
PO Box 5324
New York, NY 10150-5324