Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Active: OpenCase Summary:
San Juan Regional Medical Center (SJRMC) is settling a class action lawsuit arising from a data breach that it learned of on or around September 8, 2020. The complaint alleged that SJRMC did not take adequate measures to protect the personally identifiable information (PII) or protected health information (PHI) it held in its systems.Docket Number:
Company: San Juan Regional Medical Center
Filing Deadline: February 8, 2023
Class Period: September 8, 2020
Objection Deadline: January 9, 2023
Exclusion Deadline: January 9, 2023
Final Approval Hearing: February 22, 2023Proof of Purchase:
If you wish to claim reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses or monetary losses related to the data breach, you must provide documentation to support your claim.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you are a member of the Settlement Class or Settlement Subclass:
- The Settlement Class is all persons whose PII or PHI was compromised in the cyberattack that SJRMC learned of on or around September 8, 2020.
- The Settlement Subclass is all persons who were notified by SJRMC that their Social Security, financial account, driver’s license, or passport numbers were potentially compromised as a result of the cyberattack.Typical Settlement Amount:
- Two year of Identity Defense Complete identity protection and credit monitoring services.
- Up to $2,500 for unreimbursed losses, for out-of-pocket expenses incurred in dealing with the data breach or for monetary losses related to the data breach.
- Up to three hours of lost time, at $17.50/hour if at least one full hour was spent dealing with the data breach.
Compensation for losses, other than lost time, will only be paid under the following circumstances:
- The loss is an actual, documented, unreimbursed monetary loss.
- It was more likely than not caused by the data breach.
- It occurred between September 7, 2020 and February 8, 2023.
- You made reasonable efforts to avoid or get reimbursed for the loss, including by exhausting all available credit monitoring and identity theft insurance.
- Your documentation is not self-prepared.
Total Settlement Amount: UnkownClass Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Milberg Coleman Bryson Phillips Grossman, PLLC
Claim Form: Henderson Data Breach Settlement Claim Form
Case Name: Henderson, et al. v. San Juan Regional Medical Center
Settlement Website: Henderson Data Breach Settlement Website
SJRMC Claims Administrator
1650 Arch Street, Suite 2210
Philadelphia, PA 19103