Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Closed Settlement Statement:
According to court documents, the claim submission deadline has passed. Please contact the claims administrator if you have any questions.Case Summary:
Rodan & Fields, LLC is spending $38 million to resolve three class actions claiming its Lash Boost product contained the ingredient Isopropyl Cloprostenate which is a prostaglandin analog and which can pose a risk of adverse reactions in users, and which is similar in chemical structure to certain medications. The complaints alleged that the Lash Boost was an unapproved drug or an adulterated or misbranded drug, and that R+F did not disclose its potential side effects.Docket Number:
4:18-cv-02248-PJH, CIVDS 1723435, and CGC-18-565628
Company: Rodan & Fields, LLC
Filing Deadline: September 7, 2022
Class Period: October 1, 2016 to March 11, 2022
Objection Deadline: July 14, 2022
Exclusion Deadline: July 14, 2022
Final Approval Hearing: September 14, 2022Proof of Purchase:
You do not need proof to make a claim for one tube of the product. If you wish to make a claim for two or more tubes, you must attach proof to your Claim Form.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you bought Lash Boost from R+F for personal, family, or household use, between October 1, 2016 and March 11, 2022, and if the following statements apply to you:
- You do not have any pending litigation against R+F.
- You have not filed a timely request for exclusion from the Settlement Class in this case.
- You are not an officer, director, or employee, or immediate family member of an officer, director, or employee, of R+F or any entity in which R+F has a controlling interest.
- You have not acted as an Independent Consultant of R+F.
- You are not legal counsel or an employee of legal counsel for R+F.
- You are not a federal, state, or local government entity.
- You have not previously released the claims encompassed by this Settlement.
- You have not already returned Lash Boost to R+F and received a refund.
- You are not a member of the immediate family of the judicial officer presiding over the class actions or part of the judicial officers’ staff.
Benefits: Either (1) a credit voucher to be used for the purchase of R+F products (maximum $250) or (2) a cash benefit (maximum $175). The settlement allocates $8 million for credit voucher benefits and $30 million for cash benefits. Those showing proof of purchase are eligible for an additional maximum benefit amount, of up to $500 in vouchers or $350 in cash. However, note that the settlement administration costs, the attorneys’ fees and costs, and plaintiff incentive awards must come out of the $30 million amount. Final amounts may thus be considerably less than the maximums and will depend upon the above costs as well as the number of people submitting valid claims.
Total Settlement Amount: $38,000,000Class Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Case Name: Lewis et al. v. Rodan & Fields, LLC, Scherr, et al. v. Rodan & Fields, LLC, and Gorzo, et al. v. Rodan & Fields, LLC
Settlement Website: Rodan & Fields Lash Boost Cases Settlement Website
Epiq Class Action & Claims Solutions, Inc.
Lash Boost Settlement Administrator
P.O. Box 4357
Portland, OR 97208-4357
855-675-3134 (Recorded Information Only)