Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Active: OpenCase Summary:
This settlement resolves two class actions, one in Alabama and one in Texas, alleging that NIBCO, Inc. is responsible for leaks caused by defective plumbing products. The complaint claimed that NIBCO PEX 1006 tubing, NIBCO F1807 fittings, and NIBCO stainless steel clamps have defects that can lead to leaks that cause water damage.Docket Number:
19-cv-01137-RBF-JKP and 19-cv-01137-RDP
Company: NIBCO Inc.
Filing Deadline: May 16, 2025
Objection Deadline: May 10, 2021
Exclusion Deadline: May 10, 2021
Final Approval Hearing: September 9, 2021Proof of Purchase:
You must provide documentation for your claims.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if
- You owned or occupied a residence in certain Alabama or Texas cities that contains or contained NIBCO PEX 1006 tubing, NIBCO F1807 fittings, or NIBCO stainless steel clamps, and have had at least one leak from these items that have resulted in a physical escape of water that caused damage, or
- You paid for repairs or damages resulting from a qualifying leak from NIBCO tubing, fittings, or clamps in such residences.
The fixture must be one of those on the list of qualifying fixtures at https://angeion-public.s3.amazonaws.com/www.AlabamaTexasPEXsettlement.com/docs/Schedule+of+Qualifying+Fixutres+and+Half+Fixtures.pdf.
The residence must be included on one of the following lists:
- Alabama residential structures: https://angeion-public.s3.amazonaws.com/www.AlabamaTexasPEXsettlement.com/docs/Alabama+Residential+Structures.pdf.
- Texas residential structures: https://angeion-public.s3.amazonaws.com/www.AlabamaTexasPEXsettlement.com/docs/Texas+Residential+Structures.pdf.
Claim form deadlines:
- Past Property Damage Claims: For qualifying leaks occurring between January 1, 2005 and the Effective Date, the claim form deadline is 100 days after the Effective Date.
- Future Property Damage Claims: For qualifying leaks occurring between the Effective Date and the claim form deadline, the deadline is 100 days after the qualifying leak occurred.
- Replumbing Claims: For those with at least a third qualifying leak. See the Notice for details.
As of this writing, the Effective Date has not yet been determined. It will be posted on the website when it is known.
For more detailed information, see the notice at https://angeion-public.s3.amazonaws.com/www.AlabamaTexasPEXsettlement.com/docs/NIBCO-Matson_Long+Form+Notice_FINAL+2021-03-05.pdf.Typical Settlement Amount:
Benefits: (1) Past Property Damage Claims: 50%-75% of reasonably proven property damage. (2) Future Property Damage Claims: 50%-75% of reasonably proven property damage. (3) Replumbing: For persons who have experienced at three qualifying leaks. For further details on any of these, see the Notice at https://angeion-public.s3.amazonaws.com/www.AlabamaTexasPEXsettlement.com/docs/NIBCO-Matson_Long+Form+Notice_FINAL+2021-03-05.pdf.
Total Settlement Amount: $7,650,000Class Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
DuBois Bryant & Campbell LLP
Munck Wilson Mandala, LLP
Nix Patterson & Roach, LLP
Case Name: Matson v. NIBCO Inc. and Garrett. v. NIBCO Inc.
Settlement Website: NIBCO PEX Plumbing Products Alabama and Texas Settlement Website
Alabama Texas PEX Settlement
1650 Arch Street, Suite 2210
Philadelphia, PA 19103