Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Closed Settlement Statement:
According to court documents, the claim submission deadline has passed. Please contact the claims administrator if you have any questions.Case Summary:
GSK Consumer Health, Inc. and GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US), LLC are settling a class action alleging they deceptive marketed two products, Benefiber Original and Benefiber Healthy Shape. The complaint alleges that the products were advertised as “natural” or “100% Natural” and that Benefiber Healthy Shape was mislabeled as “clinically proven to cure cravings” even though it was the same product as Benefiber Original. This settlement also resolves a second class action pending in another court.Docket Number:
20- cv-04731 and 20-cv-04048
Company: GSK Consumer Health, Inc.
Filing Deadline: October 6, 2021
Class Period: June 19, 2014 to June 8, 2021
Objection Deadline: September 7, 2021
Exclusion Deadline: September 7, 2021
Final Approval Hearing: November 18, 2021Proof of Purchase:
You do not need to have proof if you are claiming no more than five units of the Benefiber products. If you do provide proof, you may claim benefits for more than that number.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you are an individual who bought any of the Benefiber products listed below in the US, between June 19, 2014 and June 8, 2021, for personal or household use and not for resale:
- Benefiber Original Prebiotic Powder Fiber Supplement
- Benefiber Sugar-Free Powder Fiber Supplement
- Benefiber Prebiotic Powder Fiber Supplement On-The-Go Stick Packs (Flavored or Unflavored)
- Benefiber Prebiotic Fiber Supplement Chewables
- Benefiber Healthy Shape Prebiotic Powder Fiber Supplement.
(1) Without proof: Estimate of $10 per unit for up to five units of Benefiber Original or $12 per unit for up to five units of Benefiber Healthy Shape. (2) With proof: Same per-unit rates, but no limit on the number of units. You may only submit one claim per household. Note that the per-unit amounts are an estimate. Final amounts may be larger or smaller, depending on the number of valid claims received.
Total Settlement Amount: $6.5 millionClass Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll
Pearson Simon & Warshaw
The Sultzer Law Group P.C.
Case Name: Swetz v. GSK Consumer Health, Inc. and White v. GSK Consumer Health, Inc.
Settlement Website: National Benefiber Deceptive Advertising Settlement Website
JND Legal Administration
National Benefiber Settlement
c/o JND Legal Administration
PO Box 91412
Seattle, WA 98111