Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Active: OpenCase Summary:
Ingenious Designs, LLC and HSN, Inc. are resolving a class action about their Joy/JM-branded My Little Steamer portable steamer product. The complaint alleged that the companies violated consumer protection laws and that the product was unsafe for use. This settlement occurs in cooperation with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada, and together with a voluntary recall of the products.Docket Number:
Company: HSN Inc.
Filing Deadline: January 1, 2100
Objection Deadline: August 4, 2021
Exclusion Deadline: August 4, 2021
Final Approval Hearing: September 10, 2021Proof of Purchase:
If you received a Notice in the mail or via e-mail, it included an identifying number that you may use as your proof of purchase. You may also use a valid receipt as a proof of purchase. You may provide proof of ownership and destruction by sending the Claims Administrator a photo of the steamer with permanent and prominent marking defacing the body and with the electrical cord cut.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you bought any Joy/JM-branded My Little Steamer between January 1, 2002 and December 31, 2020.Typical Settlement Amount:
Cash payments or vouchers, as follows:
- For all steamers bought new between January 2018 and December 2020, with proof of purchase and proof of ownership and destruction, a full cash refund.
- For My Little Steamer Go Mini, bought new between January 2015 and December 2017, with proof of purchase and proof of ownership and destruction, $12 cash refund.
- For My Little Steamer Deluxe, bought new between January 2015 and December 2017, with proof of purchase and proof of ownership and destruction, $12 cash refund.
- For all steamers bought new before January 2015, or for steamers without proof of purchase, but with proof of ownership and destruction, an $8 SHN voucher.
- If you are asking for a refund for more than ten units, you may be asked for proof of purchase in the form of a valid receipt. You will receive the lesser of the full refund amount and the actual price you paid for the steamers.
After you have photographed your proof of ownership and destruction, you should dispose of your steamer in your household trach.
Total Settlement Amount: UnknownClass Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Christa L. Collins Esq.
Case Name: Melissa Fiore, et al. v. Ingenious Designs, LLC
Settlement Website: My Little Steamer Recalled Steamer Settlement Website
Epiq Class Action & Claims Solutions, Inc.
My Little Steamer Claims Administrator
P.O. Box 3698
Portland, OR 97208-3698