Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Closed Settlement Statement:
According to court documents, the claim submission deadline has passed. Please contact the claims administrator if you have any questions.Case Summary:
Mercury Payments has settled a class action alleging that, when processing merchants’ payment card transactions, it:
- Marked up fees due to banks, Visa, and MasterCard, rather than pass them through at cost, and
- Charged fees that were not authorized by its contracts with the merchants.
1:16-CV-00012-MHC (N.D. Ga.)
Company: Vantiv Inc.
Filing Deadline: October 13, 2017
Class Period: October 9, 2009 to May 16, 2017
Objection Deadline: August 14, 2017
Exclusion Deadline: August 14, 2017
Final Approval Hearing: August 29, 2017Proof of Purchase:
No; will be checked against Mercury's records.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if
- You were a merchant who received services through Mercury Payments between October 9, 2009 and May 16, 2017,
- Your contract said that card access fees and interchange fees would be passed through at cost, but you were charged card access fees exceeding the amount of the published fees, and/or an interchange rate exceeding the amount of the published rates,
- You were charged any of the following fees: regulatory fee, data security fee, PCI fee, monthly maintenance fee, batch fee, statement fee, annual fee, association card accept & license fee, or MSA breach only fee.
If you had a contract with Mercury on May 16, 2017, you are considered a current customer. Others are former customers.Typical Settlement Amount:
Varies according to customer payments, etc. Current customers can receive a cash payment or a credit worth twice the cash amount that can be applied to Mercury’s StoreCard, OmniShield Assure, Fast Access Funding, Vantiv Bizshield, or Vantiv Insights services. Current customers will automatically receive the cash payment, unless they choose the credit option. Former customers must file a claim and
Total Settlement Amount: $52,000,000Class Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Buckner and Mills
Dicello Levitt & Casey LLC
Doffermyre Shields Canfield & Knowles
Claim Form: Mercury Payment Systems Settlement Claim Form
Case Name: Champs Sports Bar & Grill Co., et al. v. Mercury Payment Systems, LLC and Global Payments Direct, Inc.
Settlement Website: Mercury Payment Systems Settlement Website Claim Form
Epiq Systems Inc.
MPS Processing Settlement
Epiq Systems Inc., Settlement Administrator
P.O. Box 4259
Portland, OR 97208-4259