Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Closed Settlement Statement:
According to court documents, the claim submission deadline has passed. Please contact the claims administrator if you have any questions.Case Summary:
The plaintiffs in this lawsuit allege that Kane Furniture Corporation
- sold its customers defective bonded leather furniture that peels, flakes, and deteriorates,
- attempted to repair defective bonded leather furniture with defective replacement bonded leather parts,
- failed to honor its warranties on its sale of defective bonded leather furniture,
- failed to properly disclose that the bonded leather furniture was not genuine leather, and
- failed to comply with the terms of its sales contracts with its customers.
Company: Kane’s Furniture
Filing Deadline: April 4, 2017
Class Period: July 27, 2010
Objection Deadline: April 11, 2017
Exclusion Deadline: March 13, 2017
Final Approval Hearing: May 1, 2017Proof of Purchase: Eligibility:
This settlement includes all persons who purchased Bonded Leather Furniture from Kane Furniture Corporation on or after July 27, 2010, and who have not already received an exchange, credit or refund of their Bonded Leather from Kane Furniture Corporation.Typical Settlement Amount:
Settlement shares vary depending on whether or not the claimant submits a claim form and when the furniture was purchased. The shares will range from 5% and 100% of the furniture's original price.
Total Settlement Amount:Class Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Bajo Cuva Cohen Turkel PA
Clark & Martino PA
de la Parte & Gilbert PA
Ricardo A Roig PL
Claim Form: Kane's Furniture Settlement Claim Form
Case Name: Cliff Brown, et al. v. Kane Furniture Corporation
Settlement Website: Kane Furniture Settlement
A.B. Data Ltd.
Kane Furniture Corporation Settlement Administrator
c/o A.B. Data Ltd.
P.O. Box 170800
Milwaukee, WI 53217