fbpx

Humana Home Health Care Workers Labor Settlement

Settlement Structure: Claims Made

Active: Open

Case Summary:

This settlement resolves a class action against Humana, Inc., Humana at Home, Inc., and SeniorBridge Family Companies (CT), Inc. and certain earlier incarnations or affiliates of these companies. The complaint alleged that the pay practices of these companies did not pay them everything they were due, as required by federal overtime, Connecticut, and New York law.

Docket Number:

3:15-cv-01637(JAM)

Company: Humana, Inc.

Filing Deadline: July 28, 2021

Class Period: January 1, 2015 to November 30, 2020

Objection Deadline: June 28, 2021

Exclusion Deadline: June 28, 2021

Final Approval Hearing: August 24, 2021

Proof of Purchase:

Members of Class 1 do not need to submit a claim form. Members of Classes 2, 3, and 4 must do so.

Eligibility:

You may be eligible if you are or were a home health care worker that falls into one of the four classes below.

- Class 1 is home health care workers who worked more than 40 hours a week and were not properly paid for overtime hours as required by federal law between January 1, 2015 and October 12, 2015. (Workers had to opt-in to be a member of this class.)

- Class 2 is current or former health care workers who worked in Connecticut for more than 40 hours in any week between January 1, 2015 and October 12, 2015, or who worked 24-hour live-in shifts at any time between January 1, 2015 and January 25, 2016.

- Class 3 is current or former health care workers who worked in New York for more than 40 hours in any week including at least one 24-hour live-in shift between January 1, 2015 and October 12, 2015, or who worked 24-hour live-in shifts at any time between November 11, 2009 and January 26, 2016.

- Class 4 is current or former home health care workers who started work in New York or Connecticut at any time between January 26, 2016 and November 30, 2020.

Typical Settlement Amount:

After payment of fees and expenses, the net settlement fund will be divided between class members based on a formula that includes the hours each worked and the compensation received, the wages they claim should have been paid, and other factors.

Note that 34% of your award will be treated as wages and reported to the IRS on a form W-2. The remaining 66% will be reported to the IRS on a Form 1099.

Total Settlement Amount: $17,000,000

Class Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:

$10,000-$20,000

Law Firms:
Bohrer Brady, LLC
Edward J. Tuddenham
Getman, Sweeney & Dunn, PLLC

Claim Form: Humana Home Health Care Workers Labor Settlement Claim Form

Case Name: Kinkead v. Humana, Inc., et al.

Settlement Website: Humana Home Health Care Workers Labor Settlement Website

Claims Administrator:
Class Action Claims Administration

Claims Administrator Contact Information:

Kinkead v. Humana Claims Administrator
c/o Settlement Services Inc.
P.O. Box 10269
Tallahassee, FL 32302-2269
855-948-1762

Tags: Employment Violations, Overtime Not Paid at Overtime Rates