Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Active: OpenCase Summary:
Settlement of class action alleging that 2016-2017 Ford Explorers are defective because they may let exhaust fumes into the passenger compartment.Docket Number:
Filing Deadline: January 1, 2100
Objection Deadline: August 28, 2021
Exclusion Deadline: August 28, 2021
Final Approval Hearing: November 15, 2021Proof of Purchase:
You must provide copies of supporting documents when you submit your claim:
- Proof of ownership of the vehicle when the TSB repair occurred.
- Invoices from an authorized Ford dealer for the repairs listed on the claim form
- Proof that you paid for the repairs after your warranty expired.
Note that the claim deadline is six months after the effective date of the settlement (which would be June 30, 2022), or 120 days after the date of the TSB repair for which you are seeking partial reimbursement, whichever is later.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you are an entity or natural person in the US, including its territories and the District of Columbia, who own or lease (or owned or leased) 2016-2017 Ford Explorers sold or leased in the US. The 2016-2017 Police Interceptor Utility Ford Explorers are not included in this settlement.Typical Settlement Amount:
(1) FSA repairs will be provided under Field Service Actions 17N03 and 19N05 by an authorized Ford dealer free of charge, regardless of mileage or warranty status until July 31, 2022. You can find out whether these repairs have already been performed on your vehicle by using the VIN Lookup at the settlement website.
(2) If the FSA repairs do not fix the exhaust odor problem, an authorized Ford dealer can perform additional repairs under Technical Service Bulletin 17-044. These repairs will be free of charge for in-warranty vehicles, but there will be a charge for out-of-warranty vehicles.
(3) If you have the TSB repairs done on an out-of-warranty vehicles and you pay, or have paid for the parts and labor for these repairs under certain conditions, you may be eligible for partial reimbursement. For details, see the Notice at http://www.explorerexhaustsettlement.net/media/3447697/fop_not_210630.pdf.
Total Settlement Amount: UnknownClass Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
$30,000 total for all class representatives
Kessler Topaz Meltzer Check LLP
Miller Law Firm PC
Case Name: Persad v. Ford Motor Company
Settlement Website: Ford Explorer Exhaust in Passenger Compartment Settlement Website
KCC Class Action Services
KCC Class Action Services LLC
2016-2017 Ford Explorer Exhaust Odor Class Action Settlement
P.O. Box 43520
Providence, RI 02940-3520