Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Active: OpenCase Summary:
FCA US is settling a class action alleging that certain Chrysler 200, Dodge Dart, Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Renegade, Jeep Compass, Ram Promaster City, and Fiat 500x vehicles equipped with a 2.4L Tigershark engine. The complaint alleged that these vehicles have a defect that causes them to consumer too much oil and which may result in the vehicles shutting down while they are in operation.Docket Number:
Company: FCA US LLC
Filing Deadline: March 1, 2023
Objection Deadline: October 21, 2022
Exclusion Deadline: October 21, 2022
Final Approval Hearing: December 1, 2022Proof of Purchase:
If you want to make a claim for reimbursement of previous expenses, you must provide documentation of those expenses.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you bought or leased in the US any of the following vehicles equipped with a 2.4L Tigershark engine:
- 2015-2017 Chrysler 200
- 2013-2016 Dodge Dart
- 2014-2019 Jeep Cherokee manufactured before July 2018
- 2015-2018 Jeep Renegade
- 2017-2018 Jeep Compass
- 2015-2018 Ram Promaster City
- 2016-2018 Fiat 500x
Note that the claim deadline is 90 days after the entry of a final approval order or March 1, 2023, whichever is later.Typical Settlement Amount:
- Powertrain limited warranty extension: To 7 years or 100,000 miles from the in-service date of the vehicle, whichever comes first.
- Remedy for problem: Those who own or lease vehicles subject to a Customer Service Notification (CSN) W20 or W84 may bring their vehicles to an authorized dealership to have the Powertrain Control Module and/or Transmission Control Module reprogrammed to repair the condition.
- Free oil consumption test: For current owners or lessees of vehicles subject to CSN W80. If the vehicle fails the test, the engine’s long block will be replaced.
- Reimbursement for repairs: For diagnoses or repairs related to CSN W20, W80, and W84.
- Reimbursement for repair-related transportation costs: For towing or rental car expenses with rental car expenses capped at $300.
- Compensation for long-block replacement: For vehicles subject to CSN W80, $340 if the vehicle was or is diagnosed with the oil consumption defect and receives an engine long-block replacement under the terms of CSN W80.
If the total amount of valid claims for repair-related reimbursements exceeds $8 million, claims will be reduced on a pro-rata basis. For details, on all of the above, see the Settlement Agreement or the Long-Form Notice at https://www.fcatigersharksettlement.com/home/1535/DocumentHandler?docPath=/Documents/Wood_v_FCA_Long_Form_Class_Notice.pdf.
Total Settlement Amount: $8,000,000 for repair-related reimbursementsClass Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Miller Law Firm PC
Claim Form: FCA Tiger Shark Settlement Claim Form
Case Name: Amber Wood, et al. v. FCA US, LLC
Settlement Website: FCA Tiger Shark Settlement Website
Kroll Settlement Administration, LLC
Wood v. FCA US
c/o Kroll Settlement Administration LLC
P.O. Box 225931
New York, NY 10150-5931