Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Active: OpenCase Summary:
Faneuil, Inc. is settling a class action based on a ransomware attack or intrusion into its network that it discovered on August 18, 2022. The complaint alleged that the incident exposed the personally identifying information (PII) of former and current employees, including names, addresses at the time of employment, and Social Security numbers.Docket Number:
Company: Faneuil, Inc.
Filing Deadline: February 1, 2023
Class Period: August 18, 2022
Objection Deadline: January 3, 2023
Exclusion Deadline: January 3, 2023
Final Approval Hearing: February 16, 2023Proof of Purchase:
If you wish to claim reimbursement for out-of-pocket or extraordinary expenses, you must provide documentation of those expenses.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you were mailed a notice saying that your PII might have been impacted as a result of the data breach discovered on August 18, 2021.
A California Subclass has also been defined for all persons in the above class who were living in California at the time of the data breach.Typical Settlement Amount:
(1) Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses: Up to $500 for documented expenses incurred in dealing with the data breach.
(2) Reimbursement for time: Up to three hours of lost time, at $20/hour, for time spent dealing with the data breach.
(3) Reimbursement for extraordinary expenses: Up to $5,000 for documented expenses resulting from the data breach, such as losses from fraud or identity theft.
(4) For California Subclass members: $50 cash payment.
(5) Identity theft protection: 24 months of Financial Shield identity theft protection. This is in addition to other identity-theft protection or credit monitoring already received as a result of the data breach.
Total Settlement Amount: UnknownClass Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Up to $2,000
Arnold Law Firm – Clayeo C. Arnold
Milberg Coleman Bryson Phillips Grossman, PLLC
Claim Form: Faneuil Data Settlement Claim Form
Case Name: Pagan, et al. v. Faneuil, Inc.
Settlement Website: Faneuil Data Settlement Website
Postlethwaite & Netterville
Faneuil Claims Administrator
P.O. Box 2867
Baton Rouge, LA 70821