Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Active: OpenCase Summary:
Echo Global Logistics, Inc. is paying $6.575 million to settle a class and collective action alleging it did not pay proper overtime wages to its salespeople and violated other provisions of state law.Docket Number:
Company: Echo Global Logistics, Inc.
Filing Deadline: January 1, 2100
Class Period: December 11, 2015 to June 30, 2022
Objection Deadline: November 21, 2022
Exclusion Deadline: November 21, 2022
Final Approval Hearing: January 25, 2023Proof of Purchase:
You do not have to provide proof or do anything to receive a check for your share of the settlement.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you worked for Echo as a covered employee, in the roles and locations shown below during the relevant dates:
- As an hourly salesperson in California between June 30, 2018 and June 30, 2022.
- As a salaried salesperson in California between December 11, 2015 and June 30, 2022.
- As an hourly salesperson in Illinois between June 30, 2019 and June 30, 2022.
- As a salaried salesperson in Illinois between December 11, 2016 and June 30, 2022.
- As an hourly salesperson outside California or Illinois between June 30, 2019 and June 30, 2022.
- As a salaried salesperson outside California and Illinois between December 11, 2016 and June 30, 2022.
Covered employees are those that hold any of the job titles listed under Question 2 in the California and Illinois Notice or the Non-California and Illinois Notice for this settlement.
Payment from the net settlement fund, distributed according to a formula based on your number of weeks you worked, the relative values of damages under the laws of California/Illinois or other states’ laws, whether you signed an arbitration agreement with Echo, and whether you received more than half your compensation in commissions. For more information on the formula, see the Settlement Agreement at https://www.echosalessettlement.com/Portals/0/Document%20Files/Settlement%20Agreement.pdf?ver=7zpI08bgUDxFEIs-8MjKlg%3d%3d.
Half of your award will be subject to payroll withholding and will be reported on a Form W-2. The other half is not subject to withholding and will be reported on a Form 1099.
Total Settlement Amount: $6,575,000Class Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
$44,000 in Total
Outten and Golden LLP
Case Name: Cienega v. Echo Global Logistics, Inc.
Settlement Website: Echo Sales Settlement Website
Rust Consulting, Inc.
Cienega v Echo Sales Settlement Administrator
C/O Rust Consulting, Inc.
7751 PO BOX 2396
Faribault, MN 55021-9096