Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Closed Settlement Statement:
According to court documents, the claim submission deadline has passed. Please contact the claims administrator if you have any questionsCase Summary:
DuPage Medical Group, Ltd. is paying $3 million to settle consolidated class actions alleging it bears responsibility for a cyberattack against its computer systems that took place July 12-13, 2021. The data breach exposed the personal identifying information (PII) and protected health information (PHI) of certain individuals.Docket Number:
Consolidated Case No. 2021L937
Company: Duly Health and Care
Filing Deadline: November 29, 2022
Class Period: July 12, 2021 to July 13, 2021
Objection Deadline: October 30, 2022
Exclusion Deadline: October 30, 2022
Final Approval Hearing: November 14, 2022Proof of Purchase:
You do not have to provide proof if you want only the flat $50 payment or only credit monitoring. However, you must provide supporting documentation for expenses for which you want reimbursement.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you are a person whose PII or PHI was compromised in the data incident, or if you received notification from DuPage about the data incident.Typical Settlement Amount:
One of the following two options:
(1) Flat cash payment of around $50. Final payment may be adjusted, depending on the number and amounts of valid claims received.
(2) An assortment of other benefits:
- Twenty-four months of credit monitoring and identity protection services.
- Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses: Up to $150, including for up to 3.5 hours of lost time, at $25 per hour.
- Reimbursement of extraordinary expenses: Up to $5,000 for extraordinary expenses incurred as a result of the data breach.
Total Settlement Amount: $3,000,000Class Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Barnow and Associates PC
Finkelstein Blankinship Frei-Pearson & Garber LLP
Keller Postman, LLC
Claim Form: DMG Settlement Claim Form
Case Name: Hestrup et al. v. DuPage Medical Group, Ltd. d/b/a DuPage Medical Group
Settlement Website: DMG Settlement Website
DuPage Medical Group Data Incident Settlement Administrator
1650 Arch Street, Suite 2210
Philadelphia, PA 19103