Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Closed Settlement Statement:
According to court documents, the claim submission deadline has passed. Please contact the claims administrator if you have any questions.
CVS Pharmacies has settled an employment class action alleging lack of overtime payments for pharmacists who work more than six consecutive days. Among the claims being resolved by the settlement are:
- failure to pay overtime compensation
- failure to provide accurate itemized statements
- Waiting Time Penalties
- unfair business practices
- penalties, and
- failure to pay overtime in violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Company: CVS Health
Filing Deadline: December 4, 2015
Class Period: March 27, 2010 to April 30, 2015
Objection Deadline: December 4, 2015
Exclusion Deadline: December 4, 2015
Final Approval Hearing: March 3, 2016Proof of Purchase:
Class members have been sent notices from CVS files. Claim forms are included with the notices.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if:
- you were employed by CVS as a non-exempt pharmacist in CVS’s Region 73 in California, and
- you worked more than six consecutive days without overtime pay, from March 27, 2010 through April 30, 2015.
Varies. Calculated by a formula based on the number of class members and occurrences; may increase depending on the number of claims filed.
Total Settlement Amount: $2.35 millionClass Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Law Offices of Thomas W. Falvey
Schonbrun DeSimone Seplow Harris & Hoffman
Case Name: Uppal V. CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
Settlement Website: CVS 7 Day Case for Region 73 Settlement Website
CVS 7 Day Case for Region 73
P.O. Box 43365
Providence RI 02940-3365