Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Active: OpenCase Summary:
CR England, Inc., a trucking company, is settling a class action alleging it violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). The complaint alleged that it sent recruitment text messages to consumer cell phones and continued to send them after the cell phone owners texted, “Stop” or the like.Docket Number:
Company: C.R. England Inc.
Filing Deadline: December 7, 2020
Class Period: January 1, 2019 to June 30, 2019
Objection Deadline: December 7, 2020
Exclusion Deadline: December 7, 2020
Final Approval Hearing: January 13, 2021Proof of Purchase:
Presumably company records will be used to verify claims.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if
- You are a person in the US
- To whose cell phone number
- CR England sent a text message
- Via its vendor Twilio, as part of its recruitment campaign,
- After you answered with the opt-out message “Stop,” “Stopall,” “Unsubscribe,” “Cancel,” “End,” or “Quit,” in any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters,
- Between January 1, 2019 and June 30, 2019.
Equal share of the net settlement fund. Final amounts depend on the number of valid claims received.
Total Settlement Amount: $315,000Class Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Lemberg Law LLC
Case Name: Derrick Virgne v. C.R. England, Inc.
Settlement Website: CR England Trucking Company Telemarketing TCPA Settlement Website
KCC Class Action Services, LLC
Trucking TCPA Settlement Administrator
c/o KCC Class Action Services LLC
P.O. Box 43501
Providence, RI 02940-3501