Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Closed Settlement Statement:
According to court documents, the claim submission deadline has passed. Please contact the claims administrator if you have any questions.Case Summary:
Belden, Inc. is settling a class action alleging it bears responsibility for a data breach that took place in November 2020. The complaint alleges that hackers gained access to certain personally identifiable information of current and former employees and their beneficiaries.Docket Number:
Company: Belden, Inc.
Filing Deadline: February 8, 2023
Objection Deadline: January 24, 2023
Exclusion Deadline: January 24, 2023
Final Approval Hearing: April 19, 2023Proof of Purchase:
If you wish to claim reimbursement for fees and expenses and unreimbursed out-of-pocket losses, you should provide documentation supporting your claim.Eligibility:
You may be eligible if you live in the US and you received a Notice from Belden about the cyberattack.Typical Settlement Amount:
- Identity protection and credit monitoring services: For 42 months. If you have already received monitoring and protection services offered through Belden because of the data breach, you may receive an additional 42 months of services after the expiration date of those services.
- Reimbursement for fees and expenses incurred in dealing with the data breach.
- Reimbursement for documented unreimbursed out-of-pocket losses fairly traceable to the data breach.
- Reimbursement for time spent dealing with the data breach, at $21.37 per hour, for up to five hours.
- Total amount claimable for the above three types of reimbursement claims: $5,000.
- If all claims plus settlement administration expenses exceed $865,000, the amounts paid for claims will be reduced on a pro-rata basis.
Total Settlement Amount: $865,000 for claims and settlement administration, $425,000 for attorney fees and expensesClass Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Up to $3,500
Arnold Law Firm – Clayeo C. Arnold
Federman & Sherwood
Claim Form: Belden Data Breach Settlement Claim Form
Case Name: Mackey v. Belden, Inc.
Settlement Website: Belden Data Breach Settlement Website
KCC Class Action Services, LLC
Belden Cyberattack Claim Forms
P.O. Box 8060
San Rafael, CA 94912-8060