Settlement Structure: Claims Made
Closed Settlement Statement:
According to court documents, the claim submission deadline has passed. Please contact the claims administrator if you have any questions.Case Summary:
This is at least the fourth round of settlements in a long-running consolidated class action with a large number of defendants. The complaints alleged that makers of auto parts conspired to fix or manipulate the prices of parts purchased directly from them. Below are the names of companies who have arrived at preliminary settlements at least, regarding certain parts or systems, and their claim deadlines where available. Some deadlines have already passed. For more detailed information, see the settlement website at https://www.autopartsantitrustlitigation.com.
- Air Conditioning: Calsonic, Denso, Mahlr Behr, Panasonic.
- Alternators: Mitsubishi Electric, Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd. (HIAMS), Denso. Claim deadline: October 11, 2019.
- Bearings: Schaeffer.
- Fuel Injection Systems: Mitsubishi Electric, HIAMS, Denso, Mitsuba.
- Heater Control Panels: Sumitomo, Alps, Tokai Rika.
- Instrument Panel Clusters: Nippon Seiki, Yazaki.
- Occupant Safety Systems: Toyoda Gosei, Tokai Rika, Autoliv, TRW.
- Power Window Motors: Denso, Mitsuba. Claim deadline: November 19, 2019.
- Radiators: Mitsuba, Denso, Calsonic, T.RAD. Claim deadline: October 18, 2019.
- Small Bearings: Minebea.
- Starters: Mitsubishi Electric, HIAMS, Denso, Mitsuba.
- Windshield Washer Systems: Denso, Mitsuba. Claim deadline: November 12, 2019.
- Windshield Wiper Systems: Denso, Mitsuba. Claim deadline: November 26, 2019.
- Wire Harness Products: Chiyoda, Fujikura, Furukawa, GS Electech, Lear, Leoni, Mitsubishi Electric, Sumitomo, Tokai Rika, Yazaki.
Company: Mitsubishi Electric
Filing Deadline: November 26, 2019Proof of Purchase:
You must have documentation of the parts purchases you made from each company.Eligibility:
This is a very complicated case that has been going on for a long while. For eligibility information, go to the settlement website at https://www.autopartsantitrustlitigation.com. Then click on the appropriate part, go to the list of documents and select the Notice or Settlement Agreement for the company whose parts you purchased. Some deadlines have already passed.Typical Settlement Amount:
Varies. Companies may have separate settlement agreements for each type of part manufactured. Go to the settlement website, choose the part you purchased, and see the Notices or Settlement Agreements for each company from which you made a purchase.
Total Settlement Amount: Varies by companyClass Representative Proposed Incentive Fee:
Freed Kanner London & Millen LLC
Kohn Swift & Graf
Preti Flaherty Beliveau & Pachios LLP
Spector Roseman & Kodroff PC
Case Name: IN RE AUTOMOTIVE PARTS ANTITRUST LITIGATION
Settlement Website: Auto Parts Antitrust Litigation Direct Purchaser Settlement Website
Epiq Class Action & Claims Solutions, Inc.
Auto Parts Direct Purchaser Antitrust Litigation
P.O. Box 2530
Portland, OR 97208-2530